Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a great Mother's Day weekend. First, we had a dinner date on Friday, and my mom watched Tori. I thought Chima (a brazilian steakhouse) might be worth the money for me while still breastfeeding with my massive appetite, so we went there for Mother's Day and for Min's 30th birthday celebration. I did better, but I probably still did not eat enough to make it worth it.
We left on Saturday to Orlando for a wedding. I was worried she wasn't feeling well on Saturday morning (I think she had a low fever), so I let her sleep before we left while we packed up what felt like our entire house. She woke up looking much better so we left (no fever at all). But then we had a wide awake baby for a 3 hour drive. I spent most of the ride in the backseat trying to entertain her. Saturday night was the rehearsal dinner at Maggiano's. So yummy.
Then on Sunday, we hung out by the pool at the hotel. We stopped by the Mother's Day buffet, but when they told us it was $60/person, we kept walking. It was a really nice Hyatt in Orlando. We tried to take Tori to dip her feet in the pool, but someone came down the slide and splashed her. She kinda flipped out. :) So we went back under our umbrella and hung out until we had to get ready. The wedding was Sunday at 5pm, outside. It was so miserable hot with the sun in our eyes. But seriously, when you have a baby, people bend over backwards for you. They were rearranging umbrellas for us to get her under. Min tried to give her some water, but I don't think she really liked it too much. BUt she was in a little sundress under her carseat canopy, so I think she was fine. We were way hotter than she was.
This was our first Jewish ceremony (other than Mike's psuedo Jewish ceremony). We didn't understand a lot of it. But the food at the reception was AWESOME. My fave course was 2 portabello mushrooms with angel hair pasta and boursin cheese in between them. OMG. Who knew Kosher food could be so good?!?!
Monday morning, we just had brunch and drove home. She was great on the ride home and slept the entire time. Oh yeah, except for when she woke up to eat. :) I love whipping out boob in the backseat of my car at a Turnpike rest area.
All in all, it was great to see the boys (and girl) from the band. Tori was the bell of the whole weekend. They LOVED her! I think there may be just as many pictures of her as of the bride. Little old Jewish women love babies. And our friends kinda dug her too. And she did great in the hotel. Slept fine in her pack n play, did fine at the wedding and the reception...no ridiculous outbursts.
Happy belated Mother's day, ladies!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the wedding was an easy weekend for you. Babies travel better when they are young. I agree with you that breastfeeding in the backseat in public is always fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good 1st Mother's Day...especially now that you are the master of the boob in the car trick. My sister-in-law told me that one of her friends actually didn't even have her hubbie stop the car, she just leaned over the seat and plopped it in. I've always been impressed and scared by that story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You actually pulled over to feed her? Just wait till you're feeding her while sitting in the seat next to her! Haha! (Just read Christina's comment... yes, I've done that quite a few times. Once you get over the pain of having the car seat stabbing you in the ribs, it's actually pretty easy and you kill driving time at the same time!). :)

    It is funny how different people treat you when you have a little baby. People hold the doors more, smile at your more, and all of those other fun things. I always thought that I wish people treated each other like that all of the time. Enjoy it though... I don't know about others, but although I still got some of those perks with the 2nd baby, it wasn't nearly as much as with the first (which is kinda funny because I probably needed it more when I had 2 under 2 then when I had just one). :)

    Glad to hear you had a nice weekend and that Tori is traveling well! As long as she has her Mommy, I'm sure she'll be super happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously?!?! Boob in mouth while in the carseat? Min yells at me when I don't have my seatbelt on in the backseat, so I doubt he'd approve. But if need be, I might have to try it sometime. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete