Monday, June 29, 2009

Sick baby

Tori has a stinking cold. I think her little body fought it off as long as she could, but between daycare, Hive, and us being sick, she had no hope. Other than Hive, last night was the first time she's woken up in the middle of the night in a loooong time. She started coughing yesterday and had a stuffy (and a little bit runny) nose.

Doctor says it's just a cold...for now. Basically, I went in too early. He said it could very well develop into something more. He even said that babies with eczema and sensitive skin are also more susceptible to colds and infections. And, of course, that would describe my baby. Weird. But he also said since she's still breastfed, that might counter-balance that. So we'll see.

Hope she gets better and not too much worse!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I hope she gets better!!!! Keep those boobies in her mouth! :)

    (Sorry... my brother was still logged in)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, she avoided it for a long time. Her age is just about the time each of my girls got their first colds. I had them sleep in their carseats (in the crib) to keep them more upright and help with breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for clarifying Keri! I was so confused!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first of many. :( Hope it doesn't last too long!

    ReplyDelete