Friday, June 12, 2009

4 month checkup

We went to the doctor last week and I totally forgot to post this!

height - 25 1/2 (90%)
weight - 12 lb, 14 oz (35%)
milestones - rolls from front to back, can grab toys and bring them to her mouth, can sit up with support
sleeps - 8-10 hours (starting to wake up at 7 on weekdays, but i can usually get her back to sleep on weekends)
problems - eczema, mild cradle cap, not loving formula

The doctor said that she is very strong for her age. He is always surprised at how much upper body strength she has and that he was able to pull her all the way up to her feet even at 2 months. I asked about solid foods, though, and he advised waiting until 5 or 6 months saying that there is really no rush. Since breastfeeding is all but free and we have a full supply of formula, I'm ok with waiting. :)

He said her drop in weight percentile (she had been 50%) is not a concern.

I should have asked about the pool, but I forgot. He told my neighbor no pool until about 6 months :( because they can't hold their heads up and support themselves very well yet. But see above about her strength. I should have asked...I want to take her swimming!!!!

Then she got those awful shots. :( I hate the months where she gets 3 shots AND an oral dose. We have quite the screamer! But she usually gets a good nap in afterwards, so all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment