Sunday, October 25, 2009

Scratching

As if Tori doesn't have enough skin problems. Lately, she's been reaching down and scratching and pulling at herself when we change her diaper. It's a real hassle when her diaper is dirty! I can't seem to find much online about it. The dr. checked her for any sort of infection (yeast or otherwise) and didn't see anything that led him to believe there was anything wrong. But it is getting out of control! We put A&D on her and we put Aquaphor on her legs around her diaper. We have to try to keep her attention on something else other than her diaper change, which is not always possible. Did anyone go through this and do you have any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Elena likes to say, "Peepees!" and scratch herself when her diaper comes off. Sometimes followed by, "Tickle, tickle, tickle" ... I KID YOU NOT! I think its normal. I usually keep a rotation of toys around me so her hands are occupied, but she'll still sneak her hands in from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Nik, that's awesome. See, what I can't figure out though, is if she's investigating or itching. She gets really mad at you if you keep her hands away. I think one time I'm just going to have to let her go at it and see if she gets it out of her system or if she really is itching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitlyn grabs down there too. I don't think she is itching either and I agree it is a disaster when she has pooped. I agree with Nikki distraction is the best advice. If she isn't distracted the more I try to take her hands away the more she wants to put them down there.

    ReplyDelete